As per the decision of Governor of Madhya Pradesh, makes the following amendments in the MP PSC Examination Rules 2008—
● The Preliminary Examination shall now comprise of two compulsory Papers of Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions) of 200 marks each and of two hours duration. Paper-I and Paper-II will be of General Studies and General Aptitude Test respectively.
● This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination candidates shall be declared qualified for Main Examination. Detailed below is the new syllabus and pattern o f the Preliminary Examination—
First Paper : General Studies1. General Science and Environment—Questions on General Science and Environment (Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change) will cover, general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
2. Current Events of National and International Importance— In current events Knowledge of significant National and International level will be tested.
3. History of India and Independent India—In History, questions of General knowledge related to social, economic and political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India.
4. (A) Geography of India—There will be questions of general knowledge relating to physical, social and economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and Census of India.
(B) General Geographical awareness of world.
5. Indian Polity and Economy—Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social system, sustainable economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial development, foreign trade & economic and financial institutions.
6. Sports—Important games and sports tournaments, awards, personalities and renowned sports institutions of Madhya Pradesh, India, Asia and World.
7. Geography, History and Culture of Madhya Pradesh—There will be questions related to the development of Mountains, Rivers, Climate, Flora and Fauna, Minerals transportation in the Geography of Madhya Pradesh. It will also have questions relating to important dynasties of Madhya Pradesh, Contribution of important dynasties in the History and Culture of Madhya Pradesh. There will be questions on Tribals, Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts and Historical personalities of Madhya Pradesh.
8. Polity and Economy of Madhya Pradesh—Political system, Political parties and elections, Panchayati Raj, Social system and Sustainable economic development of Madhya Pradesh. This will also include questions on Industry, Plans, Economic programmes, Business, demography and Census of Madhya Pradesh.
9. Information and Communication Technology—Questions pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber crime.
10. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 (No. 33 of 1989) and the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (No. 22 of 1955).
Second Paper : General Aptitude Test1. Comprehension.
2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill.
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
4. Decision making and problem solving.
5. General mental ability.
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc. Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level).
7. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level).
Note—Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi Language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper.