1. The company which recently toppled Reliance Industries as the country's most valued company is
b. Coal India
d. Indian Railways
2. Global consultancy McKinsey works in the ﬁeld of
a. Public Finance
b. Global Trade
c. Global Health
d. Global Warming
3. In a bid to strengthen its mobile business, Google announced that it would acquire the mobility holdings of
4. India has signed a double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA) with which of the following former Soviet Republics?
5. Gold mining company Rusoro is listed in
b. United States of America
d. South Africa
6. Recently, Infosys Technologies acquired the software solutions business of Gen-i from
a. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
b. Bharat sanchar Nigam Limited
c. Telecom New Zealand
d. KDDI Corporation
7. The headquarters of aircraft manufacturer Airbus, which has recently signed long-term partnership agreements with Indian ﬁrms, is located at
8. MHS Energy, a Chennai-based infrastructure company, has entered into a joint venture with 'b+w Electronics Systems', a German-based company, to manufacture
a. Thermal power
b. Solar power solutions
c. Nuclear power
d. Hydroelectric power
9. Luxury car-maker Audi Is based in
10. Naresh Goyal was recently re-elected to the Board of Governors of the International Air Transport Association; he heads which airline?
a. Air India
b. Air Deccan
d. Jet Airways
11. Duty Entitlement Pass Book (DEPB) scheme is related to
a. Income Tax
b. Manufacturing industries
c. Planning expenditure
d. Export trade
12. Falcon Tyres is a company of
a. Ruia Group
b. Hinduja Group
c. Mahindra Group
d. Tata Group
13. Which country which recently provided India an Ofﬁ cial Development Assistance (ODA) of a total Rs.8,632 crore
d. South Korea
14. India has purchased 10 C-17 Globemaster III heavy-lift transport aircraft from the U.S.
for which purpose
a. Air Force
d. Civil transport
15. Which bank has been appointed the custodian of securities of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
a. State Bank of India
b. Dena Bank
c. Standard Chartered Bank
d. Kotak Mahindra
16. The country of origin for Mirage ﬁghter jets
17. The new Managing Director, Head of Equities, for Barclays Capital India, the investment banking unit of Barclays Bank, is
a. Bhavtosh Vajpayee
b. K. Satyanarayan
c. Sudeep Bose
d. Amitendra Banerjee
18. The Central Government recently sanctioned the Scheme of Amalgamation of Maharashtra Elektrosmelt Ltd (MEL) with
a. ArcelorMittal Dhamm Processing Pvt Ltd
b. Steel Authority of India Ltd
c. Jindal Steel and Power
d. Tata Steel
19. The duty-free import of goods is permitted from which of the following countries?
c. Sri Lanka
20. The Spices Board has launched a campaign for the awareness of
b. Benzoic Acid
21. The head of the committee on review of National Small Saving Fund (NSSF) is
a. Prashant Verma
b. Shyamla Gopinath
c. Phalguni Mukherjee
d. N.T. Nair
22. Where does Tata Tea rank amongst the tea manufacturers of the world
23. Which of the following banks has launched the CanMobile service that allows banking
transactions through mobile handsets?
a. Canara Bank
b. Punjab National Bank
c. State Bank of India
d. Bank of Baroda
24. Which of the following states leads in the production of wind power?
b. Tamil Nadu
d. Andhra Pradesh
25. The defence PSU that has decided to begin the process of disinvesting 10% of its holding in the next ﬁve years is
a. Bharat Earth Movers Limited
b. Goa Shipyard Limited
c. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
d. Garden Reach ship Builders and Engineers Limited
26. Which one of these companies has crossed the Rs.10,000-crore turnover mark, becoming the ﬁrst Indian tyre industry, to do so in any ﬁnancial year?
b. Good Year
27. Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Capital recently declared the sale of its 26% stake in which one of the following sectors - to Japan's Nippon Company?
a. Life Insurance
c. Power Generation
28. BPO major Genpact, which has acquired US-based High Performance Partners (HPP), is headquartered at which one of places given below?
29. Which one of the following companies was established as MIRC Electronics?
30. Greenko Group has joined hands to form a joint venture with GE Energy Financial Services to develop and invest in new upcoming projects. Which of these sectors do they operate in?
a. Power generation
b. Social services
d. Food processing
31. Real estate company Raheja Developers has inked a contract with Dubai-based Arabtec
Construction Company for the construction of three mixed-use projects at which of the places given below?
a. Mumbai and Pune
b. Delhi and Gurgaon
c. Hyderabad and Secundarabad
d. Chennai and Tuticorin
32. The new Chief Executive of Apple, Tim Cook, is a citizen of which one of the nations given below?
c. United States of America
33. Orient Fans, which recently announced its entry into the domestic home appliances market under the brand name Orient Actus, is a part of which one of the business groups given below?
a. Hinduja Group
b. JP Group
c. KK Modi Group
d. CK Birla Group
34. In October 2011, Bank of India opened a branch in which one of the countries given below?
b. New Zealand
35. The 20th World Book Fair will be held in 2012 in which one of these cities?
c. New Delhi
36. The world's cheapest tablet PC, Aakash, is being manufactured by which one of the following companies?
a. QUAD Electronic Solutions
b. Bharat Electronics
c. HOLOFLEX Limited
d. Aar-em Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
37. According to the National Policy on Information Technology 2011, what is the annual export target for the IT Sector in 2020 ?
a. $150 billion
b. $200 billion
c. $250 billion
d. $300 billion
38. Skoda Auto is headquartered in which one of the countries given below?
c. Czech Republic
39. Indian-origin tycoon Pankaj Oswal has been accused of corporate fraud in which one of the countries given below?
b. New Zealand
40. U.S.-based Akorn recently purchased the complete business of a drug plant of which one of the companies named below?
a. Hindustan Pharmaceutical Limited
b. Dr Reddy’s Laboratory
c. Ranbaxy Laboratories
d. Kilitch Drugs (India)
41. Who among the following is the Chief Executive of the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)?
a. J Hari Narayan
b. HN Sinor
c. Ravi Thapper
d. Suresh Menon
42. Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) recently announced it would export its newly-launched sedan (Etios) and its hatchback version (Etios Liva), from March 2012, to which one of the countries given below?
d. South Africa
43. Which of the given below car models, does not belong to Rolls-Royce?
d. Silver Dawn
44. Where is the head ofﬁce of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) situated?
a. New Delhi
45. India recently has imposed a duty of $366 per drymetric tonne on imports of caustic soda from which one of the countries given below?
a. South Korea
1. (b) Coal India 2. (a) Public Finance 3. (d) Motorola 4. (a) Georgia 5. (c) Canada 6. (c) Telecom New Zealand 7. (b) Blagnac 8. (b) Solar power solutions 9. (c) Germany 10. (d) Jet Airways 11. (d) Export trade 12. (a) Ruia Group 13. (b) Japan 14. (a) Air Force 15. (c) Standard Chartered Bank 16. (a) France 17. (a) Bhavtosh Vajpayee 18. (b) Steel Authority of India Ltd 19. (d) Afghanistan 20. (c) Aﬂ atoxin 21. (b) Shyamla Gopinath 22. (d) 2nd 23. (a) Canara Bank 24. (b) Tamil Nadu 25. (c) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited 26. (d) MRF 27. (a) Life Insurance 28. (c) Gurgaon 29. (b) Onida 30. (a) Power generation 31. (b) Delhi and Gurgaon 32. (c) United States of America 33. (d) CK Birla Group 34. (b) New Zealand 35. (c) New Delhi 36. (a) QUAD Electronic Solutions 37. (b) $200 billion 38. (c) Czech Republic 39. (a) Australia 40. (d) Kilitch Drugs (India) 41. (b) HN Sinor 42. (d) South Africa 43. (c) Mustang 44. (b) Dehradun 45. (a) South Korea