The Reserve Bank of India is the central banking institution of India and controls the monetary policy of the rupee. The institution was established on 1 April 1935 during the British Raj in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and plays an important part in the development strategy of the government. It invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the post of Officers in Grade B.
Name of the Post and Number of VacanciesOfficers in Grade 'B' (General) (Direct Recruitment - DR): 75 vacancies
- Last date for Online Submission of Applications: 26 September 2011 till 11.59 pm
- Last date for sending hardcopy of online application: 3 October 2011 till 6 pm
- Last date for sending hardcopy of online application (candidates from remote areas): 10 October 2011 till 6 pm
- Written Exam- Phase I (Objective Type Test): 18 December 2011
- Written Exam- Phase II
Eligibility CriteriaEducational Qualification
- A First Class Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade OR
- A Second Class Master's Degree with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade OR
- A Doctorate Degree with 50% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent grade OR
- Chartered/ Cost Accountant/ Company Secretary (ACS) with a Bachelor's Degree OR
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Management/ MBA qualification from institutions recognized by Government of India/ University Grants Commission, with Graduation/ Bachelor's Degree.
Age limit (as on 1 August 2011): Minimum 21 years; Maximum 30 years
Application Fee: Application fee for General and OBC category candidate is Rs 100 and no fee will be charged from candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen category.
Pay Scale: Basic Pay of Rs 21,000 per month in the scale of Rs 21000- 1000- 30000- EB- 1000- 32000- 1100- 36400. Initial monthly Gross emoluments to direct recruit Grade B Officers are approximately Rs 38,853.
Selection Procedure: The selection procedure will comprise of Written Examination and interview. The Written Examination (WE) will be held in two phases as mentioned below.
Phase I: Objective Type Test
This Paper of 3 hours duration for 200 marks consist tests of
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Paper I - English (3 hours, 100 marks)
- Paper II - Economic and Social Issues (3 hours, 100 marks)
- Paper III - Finance and Management (3 hours, 100 marks)
- Candidates can apply for the post either on the prescribed Application (OFF-LINE) or submit the application ON-LINE followed up by sending a printout (hardcopy) of the online application to the Board's office.
- The candidate can apply ON-LINE using the link/URL http://onlinedr.rbi.org.in/
- Candidates NEED to take a PRINTOUT (hard copy) of their ON-LINE Application after submission of the data through the system. A signed photograph must be pasted (not to be stapled) at the specified place on the printout and the candidate must sign on the printout of the application and attach DD or IPO of Rs,100/- (if required to pay fee).
- Candidates need to send the system generated print out (hard copy) of the ON-LINE Application to the Reserve Bank of India Services Board's Office (RBISB) by ordinary post.
- Candidates applying offline should download prescribed offline Application format from the website. It should be typed or neatly handwritten in Hindi or English on a good quality "White A- 4 size" paper. All the columns in the application (except PWD category and Fee, if not applicable) must be filled legibly or typed.
- OFF-LINE Application or printout of the ON-LINE Application (hard copy), have to be sent by ordinary post to "The General Manager, Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Post Bag No. 14501, Mumbai Central Post Office, Mumbai-400008". The cover should be super scribed as "APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF OFFICERS IN GRADE B'(GENERAL)-(DR)". Offline Application in closed cover, may also be deposited in the box specially kept for the purpose at Reserve Bank of India, Opposite Mumbai Central Railway Station, Mumbai Central, Mumbai 400 008.